- Dr Caroline Starkey (University of Leeds) and I are currently putting together a special focus collection for the Journal of Global Buddhism entitled: Translating Buddhisms: From Asia(s) to West(s). This will include an engaging set of papers from the conference Translating Buddhism held at York St John in 2016.
- York Crime and Social Justice Walk project based out of the Department of Sociology at the University of York with Professor Maggie O’Neill and Dr Ruth Penfold-Mounce.
My ongoing research interests include the following:
- Ritual studies and its interactions with popular culture (particularly death)
- Ritual and theatre, liminal spaces
- Buddhism, specifically Buddhisms’ syncretic encounters with folk praxis
- Female Shamanic communities of East Aisa (Korean Mansin and Japanese Miko)
- Community formation in the UK
- The Zombi(e), Vodou and Haitian mythos and its transference and relevance in popular culture